When you come to Angeles city and you want to experience a place of cultural and historical significance, there are few places that you should definitely visit. The most important of these are the ancient palaces and mansions that were once a center of industry and commerce in Philippa. In fact, there are 13 palaces in all. Two of these were completely restored. There are also two churches and two churches that were built by the crusader knights.
The two palaces that were completely restored and made available for tourist visits are the Palacio de Dona Roco and the Palacio de Medea.
The Palacio de Dona Roco
This Palace was built around 1614. It is considered as the beginning of the castle which was to become the pride of ancient Philippa. It was a palace, fortress and court of the aristocracy. The palace was once a city hall. Although it was meant to be only a city hall, it has now turned into a city museum with its exhibition halls. There are displays of the city’s history and artifacts of its past.
The palatial palace was once a fortress that was used to protect the city from foreign aggressors. Its walls are made of red sandstone and covered with gold paint. It has an area of 7,920 square meters. The city treasures are inside that are meant to keep those who come from other countries in the city from hurting its residents. The walls are meant to protect the city from theft and harm. It was taken by the Spanish conquistadors. These displays are very meaningful to the city. It was taken by the Spanish conquistadors who brought with them the heritage of the city, culture, art and science that belonged to the city. The walls and royal furnishings have been preserved throughout the years by the Spanish conquistadors.
The palaces have been protected by great care and maintenance. Every year, a great number of tourists come to visit these palaces. The city has made a great effort to preserve these palaces. Since the palaces house the priceless heritage of the city, they have been maintained with great care and care, aesthetic appeal and elegance that is meant to please its inhabitants.
This palace is located in the center of the city. It was built around 1560 to replace the palaces in the southwest of the city. Its walls are of brown-colored sandstone. Its roof is of tiles. Its windows are stained glass. These windows represent the battles won by King Darius III. The most significant features of this palace are four magnificent chandeliers of white marble. The floors of the royal apartments have polished marble floors and the walls have granite quarries. The ceiling of this palace has an impressive carved image of the god of justice. This image symbolizes the victory and justice of King Darius.
* Palacio de San Nicolas
This palace was built in 1580 and replaced the palaces in the southeast of the city. Its walls are of gray sandstone. Its windows are stained glass. Its ceiling has an impressive image of Santa Maria. These three buildings together form the heart of the city.
* Palacio de Anibanes
This palace was built in 1601 and replaced the Palacio de Medea. Its walls are of red sandstone. Its ceilings are of terracotta. Its most significant feature is the statue of Jesus the savior. This palace was named after its founder, Francisco de Anibanes. The other distinctive features of this palace are carved images of goddesses of mercy and images of Ananias, mother of Jesus.
In 1605, the palace of San Fernando, which is situated in the southeast, was demolished and new palaces were built to the southeast. These were the palaces of San Francisco and Palacio de Santo Cristo in 1627. After 1627, the palaces were used as trading centers. Later on, they were used as the stock exchange and now the headquarters of banks and other business establishments. This palace was also named as Palacio de San Francisco in honor of Francisco, son of Don Carlos. This palace was built in sandstone and red sandstone. The sandstone parts are the halls, sacristy, crypt, and great hall.
The palace is made of red sandstone and was completed in 1626. The white porches of this palace are decorated with stained glass lamps. These lamps were inherited from the palace of San Pedro. Its most striking feature is the statue of San Francisco.
This statue was made in bronze of the likeness of Francisco, son of Don Carlos. Its legs were made of bronze and the head was wood carved and bronzed. The face of this statue is oval in shape and depicts a dignified face. The feet of this statue are also made of bronzes and its hands are carved in wood. There are wooden horses in its courtyard and in front of this palace there are two fountains